ARE YOU THERE GOD? IT'S ME, ALEX



Sometimes I feel so lost and scared. The people who are closest to me are the most familiar, but no one knows the depths of my struggles more than God. When I don't know what I'm doing, or when I feel more lost and stuck than ever, I can always find solace in prayer. 

When my anxieties are getting the best of me, or nothing seems to be going right--turning to Church or my school's Chapel, or even the side of my bed always leads me to see the light that is shone on the path I thought I was walking aimlessly. 

One of my best friends even pointed out to me--"Every time you go into the Chapel to pray, you come out and your problems get solved." I can't help but smile at the thought of it, because it's true. God hasn't failed me yet, and I don't expect Him ever to. 

I'm not going to lie and pretend that I'm more obedient to my faith than I am. Growing up I most definitely was; when I was five years old and didn't have anyone to sit next to on the school bus, I would smile next to me and believe that my "best friend Jesus" was there. My family would never miss a Sunday mass, and every morning my dad would have us pray the rosary on our way to school. When I was in high school and would forget to do an assignment, I would run to the bathroom during attendance and say a quick prayer to help me get through the class without getting into trouble (hahaha). 

As I've gotten older and life changed, so has my approach to my faith. I pray for others, and when I'm lost I pray for myself. I stopped attending Church for many years and recently began working on going back again. I am blessed to be a Godmother, and make sure I bring my faith and do my best in the eyes of God to be the best Godmother I can be. 
Thank you for your patience with me, God. Thank you for taking care of me when I felt lost and alone. 

Controlli, per favore!





Comments