DEAR: FUTURE HUSBAND

             Dear: Future Husband

I love you so much already, and yet we have never even met. I pray for you all the time. I hope that you're living life to your fullest and you're happy with your choices. I hope that sometimes you think of me too. If we're together then my grandmother definitely approves of you, which means you're a prince and which means we're rich and thank god. ;) 

I wonder if you're in love with someone else right now? Or are you single and looking for someone to be with? In this time during quarantine, what's the most pressing thing on your mind? 

I bet our wedding was like a fairytale. I bet you're handsome and kind, caring and smart, ambitious and inquisitive. Are you a dog or a cat person? I'm a vegetarian so coincidentally I love all animals, but yeah, we definitely have a cat. 

If we're married, I know that we're best friends. But this won't be a Love is Blind Giannina girl-proposing situation. More like give and take. If you're getting down on one knee, I guess I'll take on carrying our children.

I wonder if we've met already? And I wonder if I have any idea that this letter I'm writing might be to you? Am I in my late twenties/early thirties like I suspected? Oooh! Did you propose under the Washington Park arch in the snow with my friends and family in a limo nearby watching? These are important questions that keep me and my Pinterest board up at night. 

We got married in October, I'm sure. That's my favorite month. For the past few years, October has been the month where some of the most life-changing things have happened to me. But you already knew that which is why we had our wedding in October. 

When I was little, one of my favorite pastimes was watching my parents' wedding video. Coincidentally, they're divorced now. So maybe we won't do an acrobat theme?

Wait, but I love acrobats. Dang. This is where I get it from. (Yes, it was amazing)

I have to admit, while I may often worry about our existence, I always kept in mind not to doubt you, to trust that your place in my life is inevitable. That God was just waiting for the right time in both of our lives for us to finally meet.

Now I feel cheesy. Ah! I'm writing this at 4 am, so what else did you expect? 

I probably should get some sleep, and you should too because chances are if you're dealing with me, you're not getting much.

Xo Forever --

Controlli, per favore!

Comments