SONGS FOR: TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS

       

TOP 5 SONGS ABOUT TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS


Music is one of the greatest ways human beings have been able to communicate and connect with each other on personal, emotional levels. The range in topics that artists write and sing about can go from getting cheated on to dealing with a narcissist, and everything in between. This is why I've put together playlists on Spotify and Apple Music (@letssipalex) to help you find songs that help you better navigate the difficult stages we all inevitably go through in life.

Unfortunately, toxic relationships are a common situation many of us may find ourselves in at one point or another, and they can do a lot of harm to our physical, mental and emotional well-being. This is why I've put together this playlist--to help you find the strength to recover from and leave a relationship that is unhealthy and is no longer serving you. For information on what to do and how to identify and handle a relationship, please visit this Time Magazine article, and know that you are worthy of a happy life: whether you are single or in a relationship that is healthy, fulfilling, and stable.



1. "Therapist" by, Mae Muller


"You don't need a girlfriend. You just need a therapist. You've got too much drama. I'm not qualified to fix. I would hold your body, but you want somebody, that will hold your shit together"

2. "Better By Myself" by, Hey Violet


"Everything you do just wears me down. It's getting old, I'm trying to run. It feels like you're just wasting me away. When you choose to terrorize me. Any confidence inside me dies. You suffocate me with the things you say"

3. "Glad He's Gone" by, Tove Lo


"I got a girlfriend, she's got a boyfriend. She calls me crying every day 'cause they got problems. He likes complaining, she's compromising. Coming to me for real advice when he just playing"


4. "Problem with You" by, Sabrina Claudio 


"Let's talk about last night, you went to sleep. Didn't even talk to me. You left me with questions, agonizing. You bring out the worst in me"

5. "Stronger" by, Britney Spears 


"Alright, here I go. Stronger than yesterday. It's nothing but my way. My loneliness ain't killing me no more"


Comments